Контрольная работа по английском уязыку из 18ти заданий.
1. Найдите подлежащее и сказуемое в данных предложениях. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) My mother is a doctor.
2) To smoke is harmful.
3) Reading is useful.
4) My sister doesn’t eat meat.
5) I can be invited to the party.
6) Show me your new photos, please.
7) This work will be done tomorrow.
2. Составьте предложения из следующих слов, расположите слова в верном порядке. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) Usually – go – I – at weekends – skiing.
2) Bring – that – book – new – me.
3) They – arrange – often – at their house – parties – interesting.
4) And – both – Tom – like – Bill – rock – music.
5) My – doesn’t – fish – sister – like.
6) I would like – milk – a – cup of – cold.
7) Twice – student – exams – a year – pass.
3. Определите типы вопросов, переведите их.
1) Do you like apples or oranges?
2) He went to London last week, didn’t he?
3) Where were you bo
4) Have you heard the last news?
5) Who loves Mary?
6) Did they visit you two weeks ago?
7) Do you drive or work to the Institute?
8) What are you thinking about?
9) You don’t have a dog, do you?
10) What will you plan for tomorrow?
11) He isn’t a student, is he?
4. Поставьте следующие существительные во множественное число, если это возможно.
5. Напишите существительные женского рода, которые будут противоположными для данных существительных мужского рода, если род можно определить.
Например : actor – actress
6. Переделайте предложения и словосочетания с предлогом OF , используя притяжательный падеж существительного.
1) The dress of the girl.
2) The dresses of the girls.
3) The car of my parents.
4) The children of my brother are at home.
5) The work of our students is interesting.
6) The house of my uncle.
7) The leg of the horse.
7. Вставьте артикль a или the там, где это необходимо. Иногда артикль может отсутствовать. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) ___ Russia occupies ___ easte
half of ____Europe.
2) ___Red Sea is between ____Africa and ___ Asia.
3) There are ____ six continents in ____ world.
4) ___Chicago is on ___Lake Michigan.
5) This is ___ pen. It is ___ good pen. ____ pen is black.
6) There are ____ three rooms in ____ my flat.
7) ___ Paris is ____capital of ___ France.
8) ___ Himalayas are ___highest mountains in ____ world.
9) ___ life is nothing without ___ love.
10) ___ Petrov is ____ architect.
11) Look at ____ clock!
12) ___ Thames is ___ short river.
13) He has ___ wife. ___ wife is ___ typist.
14) ___ Everest is ___ high.
15) There are many ___ small islands in ___ Pacific Ocean.
8. Поставьте следующие прилагательные в сравнительную и превосходную степень сравнения.
Small, horrible, stupid, wonderful , old, tasty, dark, slow, easy, complicated, simple, fast, polite, impressive, thick, warm, interesting.
9. Поставьте слова в скобках в соответствующую степень сравнения, переведите предложения.
1) This exercise is ______ (easy) in the book).
2) Rome is _____ (old) than Paris.
3) Moscow is ____ (big) than Krasnoyarsk.
4) This house is the _____ (pretty) in the village.
5) His son is as ____ (tall) as he is.
6) This room is the _____ (expensive) in the hotel.
7) Today the weather is ____ (good) than yesterday.
8) Mary is 3 years ____ (old) than her sister.
9) This book is _____ (interesting) than that one.
10) She is not so _____ (happy) as her friend.
10. Замените выделенные в предложениях существительные подходящими по смыслу местоимениями. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
Например: My sister lives in Kiev. – She lives in Kiev.
1) Tom and Bob are good tennis players.
2) My girl-friend lives near-here.
3) Our family often meets with relatives, especially on holidays.
4) I don’t like cats.
5) I would like a glass of cold water.
6) My cousin doesn’t like fish.
7) These people are translators.
11. Выберите необходимую форму притяжательного местоимения.
Например: I like ______ (her, hers) dress. – I like her dress.
Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) This girl is one of _____ (their, theirs) sister.
2) This girl is a sister of ______ (their, theirs).
3) Is it _____ (your, yours) pen? – No, It isn’t _____ (my, mine).
4) What is _____ (your, yours) address?
5) _____ (our, ours) village is the largest in this region.
6) She changed ______ (her, hers) mind and decided to go out tonight.
7) _____ (our, ours) institute was founded more than 50 years ago.
12. Вставьте в пропуски необходимые местоимения, переведите предложения.
1) I want you to help me to pack ____ luggage.
2) He pulled down the curtains when ____ switched on the light.
3) Go and clean _____ teeth.
4) Who lives next door? – It’s my classmate; I know _____ for a long time.
5) I heard about his rock-group, _____ are very popular.
6) When she entered the house, she saw a frightened boy. ____ was crying.
7) Can I take _____ umbrella for 2 hours?
8) Help ____, please, I need _____ help.
13. Сделайте из положительных предложений отрицания и вопросы. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) This school was opened last year.
2) My daughter likes dancing very much.
3) They do their home work every day.
4) One makes cheese of milk.
5) A lot of children like to listen to fairy-tales before sleeping.
6) The snow melts at 0 degrees Celsius.
7) They often buy DVDs in this shop.
8) My father usually reads newspapers during breakfast.
14. Поставьте глаголы, данные в скобках, в Present Simple. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) Betty _____ (to have) her musical lessons four times a week.
2) The Queen of England usually _______ (to read) “The Times” in the mo
3) People often _____ (to drink) instant coffee, which _______ (not to be) very useful.
4) Russians ____ (to be) very hospital nation, they _____ (to like) to invite guests.
5) My granny often _____ (to make) cakes at weekends.
6) My sister _______ (not to like) watching TV.
7) ____ you ______ (to prefer) orange or apple juice?
15. Поставьте глаголы, данные в скобках в Present Continuous. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) She _____ (to work) now, don’t disturb her.
2) They ______ (to have) a rest on the sea shore now.
3) What _____ you _____(to eat)? – An apple.
4) Where are the children? – They _____ (to play) in the yard.
5) Who ___ you ____ (to wait) for? – My cousin.
6) Look! It ____ (to snow) in the street like on Christmas Eve!
7) He _____ (to fly) two Moscow in two days.
16. Поставьте глаголы, данные в скобках в соответствующую форму, используя времена Present Simple или Present Continuous. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) It _____ (not to rain) anymore. The sun _____ (to shine).
2) Tim _____ (to feed) his dog twice a day.
3) It ____ (to cost) 10 pound to send a letter to Paris.
4) Be quite! The baby ____ (to sleep).
5) Small children _____ (to sleep) several times a day.
6) I ____ (to like) your new dress.
7) Hurry up! I____ (to wait) for you.
17. Прочитайте и переведите текст на русский язык.
The English Origin of the American Police
It is from the English tradition that the three major characteristics of American policing have flowed: 1. limited authority; 2. local control; 3. organizational fragmentation. Like the British police, but unlike those in Continental Europe, the police in the United States have limited authority; their powers and responsibilities are closely circumscribed by law. England, like the United States, has no nationwide police force; each unit is under local community control. Tied to this characteristic is the fact that policing is fragmented: there are many types of agencies, each with its own special jurisdiction and responsibilities – constable, sheriff, urban police, the FBI, and so on.
Although Sir Robert Peel is credited with helping to establish the first professional police force in England, historians consider that police have existed before the thirteenth century. The frankpledge system required that groups of ten families agree to uphold the law, maintain order, and commit to a court those who had violated the law. It was mandated that every male above the age of twelve be part of the system. When a member became aware that a crime had occurred, he was obliged to raise a “hue and cry” and to join others in his community to track down the offender. The community was fined if members did not perform the obligatory duties.
This traditional system of community law enforcement was maintained well into the eighteenth century. The advent of the Industrial Revolution brought about the growth of cities, changes in traditional patte
s of life, and as a result, social disorder. It had become obvious that a new approach to law enforcement was necessary. During the first years of the new century, various attempts were made to create a centralized police force for London. Opposition came from people who believed that police of any kind were synonymous with tyranny and the destruction of liberty.
The police in England during the early part of the nineteenth century had a four-part mandate:
1. to prevent crime without the use of repressive force and to avoid intervention by the military in community disturbances;
2. to manage public order nonviolently, using force to obtain compliance only as a last resort;
3. to minimize and reduce conflict between the police and the public;
4. to demonstrate efficiency by means of the absence of crime and disorder rather than by visible evidence of police actions in dealing with problems.
The mandate was to keep a low profile while maintaining order. Because of fears by political leaders that a national force might emerge that would threaten civil liberties, every effort was made to keep direction of the police at a local level.
18. Составьте план текста.